“Ulthera” – a revolutionary breakthrough in aesthetic medicine! Gold-standard awarded ultrasound technology MERZ AESTHETICS enables non-surgical effective stretching of the skin at the SMAS muscle level.
It is the only FDA (Food and Drug Administration) certified skin tightening technology. “Ulthera”, or “Ultherapy”, stands out for its unique technological advantages that ensure skin rejuvenation in deeper layers that no other HIFU aesthetic medical equipment manufacturer could have achieved.
NEW – the world-wide popular, innovative skin tightening ultrasound technology “Ulthera” is already in Lithuania!
ULTHERAPY – is a HIFU gold standard for effective skin tension with intense ultrasound. (HIFU – High Intensity Focused Ultrasound). This system allows to reach deeper layers of skin that previously could only be reached by a plastic surgeon. Now the specialist uses ultrasound to reach the SMAS level, which strengthens the skin structure and produces a noticeably rejuvenated skin effect.
Ulthera Imcas Aesthetic Awards – Best Skin Tightening Device
The Winner is Merz Aesthetics – Ultherapy®
What is SMAS?
The English term SMAS refers to the “lower muscle layer” that performs the function of the “carcass” of the face. Over the years, skin regeneration slows down – skin regenerates slower, producing less collagen and elastin, resulting in the skin’s loss of firmness and elasticity. As the muscle layer stretches and its supportive properties are weakened, tissues lower, wrinkles appear, and facial and body shape is deformed.
Plastic surgeons work with the patient’s facial framework at SMAS level during rejuvenation operations. Today’s aesthetic medicine technologies allow access to the SMAS layer without surgical intervention with the help of ultrasound. Non-surgical “carcass” facelift is an alternative for people who are not yet ready for surgical intervention.
What is “Ulthera” and how does it work?
Age-related changes affect not only the dermis but also the muscle tissue. Collagen fibers are deformed in deeper layers – stretching, weakening of the lymphatic system and muscle structure, otherwise known as SMAS, resulting in a the face changing its contours, eyebrows lowering, and tissue losing its former elasticity.
The revolutionary technology developed 10 years ago by “Ulthera” operates on the principle of focused ultrasound. Ultrasound waves penetrate deeper layers of the skin and reach the muscles. It distributes the required thermal energy to the tissues at the chosen intensity, thus triggering skin regeneration – the rejuvenation processes.
“Ulthera” is a non-invasive multifunctional procedure that selectively distributes heat to different layers of the skin, including SMAS, stimulates elastin synthesis and the production of new collagen.
The exact depth to which the ultrasound will be directed is determined by the dermatologist using the patented “DeepSEE” technology. This technology allows continuous monitoring of problem areas throughout the procedure and adjusts ultrasound intensity at each stage. The entire heating process in the skin tissues and at all levels is displayed on the device’s screen – this is crucial to guarantee a great result.
The “Ulthera” system is rated as the gold standard for SMAS skin tension. This is evidenced by a certificate received by the device manufacturers from the FDA, the most valued and respected global authority for medical equipment control. No other HIFU procedure has FDA certification.
2022 AMWC Aesthetic Medicine Award Winner
Ultherapy® ultrasound skin lifting treatment received the accolade of ‘Best skin tightening device’ at the recent Aesthetic Medicine Awards.
The Ulthera® system has won a string of prestigious international awards over the years, the AMWC being the latest. Other awards include:
- 2022 – AMWC Aesthetic Medicine Award – Best skin tightening device
- 2020 – New Beauty Best Non-Surgical Skin Tightener
- 2020 – My Face, My Body Awards – Best Skin Tightening Treatment of the year
- 2020 – My Face, My Body Awards – Best Skin Tightening Product of the year
- 2019 – New Beauty Best Non-Surgical Skin Tightener
- 2019 – Anti – Aging & Beauty Trophy – Best Energy Based Device
- 2018 – New Beauty Tried-and-True Skin Tightener
- 2018 – New Beauty Best Overall Skin Tightener
- 2017 – Aesthetic Everything Diamond Crystal
- 2017 – Aesthetic Industry Awards – Aesthetic Winner
- 2016 – New Beauty Best Non-Surgical Skin Tightener
- 2015 – New Beauty Best Skin Tightening Treatment
- 2014 – New Beauty Best Skin Tightening Treatment
Skin tightening and rejuvenation with “Ulthera” ultrasound:
- deep skin structural layers are stimulated, the skin’s natural regeneration process occurs, resulting in “stretching” and firming of the skin;
- multifunctional skin lifts on several levels: deep dermis, SMAS, adipose tissue (influenced by various types of ultrasound sensors);
- selection of individual treatment plan using special “DeepSEE” technology;
- precisely focused ultrasound and visual control of ultrasound exposure;
- integrated unique system to protect surrounding tissue from damage;
- the safety and efficacy of the procedure have been confirmed by FDA clinical trials;
- the procedure is comfortable;
- there is no postprocedural period;
- the procedure is performed once;
- natural-looking results;
- the “Ulthera” system has been rated the gold standard and is the first ultrasound system to be approved by the FDA as the strongest procedure for stretching and firming skin tissue.
How is “Ulthera” procedure performed?
The procedure is preceded by an ultrasound examination, during which the dermatologist assesses the current condition of the skin in problem areas (face, neck, décolleté).
Procedure of skin tension with “Ulthera” ultrasound:
- the skin is prepared for the procedure, a special gel is applied to facilitate the movement of the sensors;
- “Ulthera” therapy is performed according to system-marked lines consisting of thermocoagulation points;
- focused ultrasound penetrates different layers of skin (from the surface level to SMAS) up to 4.5 mm deep;
- the “Ulthera” system involves the operation of two or all three soft deep tissues;
- during the procedure, the specialist stimulates the synthesis of new collagen and elastin with the help of the “Ulthera” system and according to the above-mentioned lines, which allows the skin to tighten in the face, neck and décolleté areas, as well as to correct wrinkles.
What are the results of the “Ulthera” procedure?
- Firmer and visibly rejuvenated skin in face, neck, abdomen and décolleté areas.
- Restored face oval shape.
- Intensified stretching effect on the cheeks, neck and dewlap area.
- Reduction of deeper wrinkles.
- Upper and lower eyelid lift.
- Reduction of bags under eyes.
- Facial skin improvement, better tone and color.
The production of new collagen is actively encouraged 3-4 months after the procedure. The soft tissues in the upper, middle, and lower thirds of the face are heavily tightened and pulled. The lower jaw, neck area develops contours, the elasticity of the cheeks, chin area increases, the procedure reduces wrinkles, smooths flabby upper and lower eyelid skin.
The more intense stretching effect can last up to 2 years, depending on the physiological properties of the body.
Advantages – the “Ulthera” procedure is performed once and provides the strongest stretching of the skin at any age!
There is no postprocedural period.