HEALTHY LIFESTYLE – MEDICINE, tests, individual healthy lifestyle plan, intravenous therapy (drip)
The World Health Organization identifies rational diet, optimal physical activity and the avoidance of harmful habits as key components of functional medicine and healthy lifestyles. Some experts suggest that these complex factors should be complemented by exercise, personal hygiene, psychological well-being and rational rest. We all know more or less about bad habits and their health risks, about healthy eating, the food pyramid, “healthy” and “unhealthy” foods. From childhood and at school, we learn a lot about how and how much we need to move to stay healthy, and how to correct our posture to avoid spinal and other problems. We know that we need to learn how to cope with stress, as it depletes the whole body and contributes to premature ageing, to avoid toxic substances, and to make sure that our bodies are fully supplied with nutrients, so that we can stay healthy, energetic and enjoy life to the full for as long as possible.
Medicine in treatments, videos on hair care, hair loss treatment.
As our bodies change over the years, the body loses more and more moisture, collagen synthesis decreases, the skin loses elasticity and firmness, and the right intravenous therapy chosen by your doctor will not only improve your appearance, but also have a positive effect on the whole body, providing energy and delaying ageing.
ANTI – AGE intravenous therapy will not only provide your body with the vitamins it needs, but will also ensure the vitality of your cells, act as an antioxidant, and protect against the effects of free radicals, which are directly responsible for skin ageing.
The vitamin complex is an immune system booster that ensures the health of the skin and hair, and has a positive effect on the endocrine system and heart function. Vitamins are essential for the growth, development, repair and collagen formation of all tissues.
Trace elements improve blood circulation and reduce excessive vascular tone, which is beneficial for those with high arterial blood pressure and obstructive lung diseases (bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), and help maintain a healthy and balanced immune system.
Algė Ivaškevičė, the Medicine doctor, working at the “Era Esthetic” clinic will refer you to the necessary tests for a specific and sensitive assessment of metabolism, digestion and absorption of food, nutritional deficiencies or toxic lesions in the “Era Esthetic” clinic. Then you will be provided with suitable and acceptable healthy lifestyle programme, recommend supplements or intravenous cocktails to restore your healthy balance, all in one visit – saving you time, in a professional and caring way, and improving the quality of your life.
Let’s start with CONSULTATIONS
We review and discuss with the Client which physiological systems have significant functional abnormalities or clinical imbalances: digestion/absorption, biotransformation and elimination of bodily waste, immunity and regulation of inflammation, communication (hormones and neurotransmitters), energy production, transport (e.g. blood flow, lymphatic flow), structural integrity (e.g. skin, mucous membranes). This affects the selection of a treatment plan for testing and correcting the lifestyle factors that need to be changed. Blood tests may be used to assess deficiencies of substances (vitamins, fatty acids, minerals), or, for longer-term assessments, hair composition tests. In addition to the usual one-off tests for hormone concentrations, the daily variation of hormones, or their metabolites (metabolic products), is sometimes tested. Our individual ability to absorb the nutrients we need depends on good gastrointestinal function, which is why we sometimes test the activity of digestive enzymes, tolerance for foods, etc.
If the client is interested in maintaining excellent health and good quality of life for as long as possible, preventing or delaying chronic non-infectious diseases (cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, oncological diseases, degenerative joint diseases, dementia), we can assess his/her genetic predispositions and risks and, based on this, select a long-term lifestyle plan and follow-up care with monitoring of bio-markers.
During the Functional medical consultation, the client is provided with a prescription for lifestyle modifications, including diet, nutritional supplements if needed, exercise and rest, distress management and tests.
When to consult?
Hair loss, various digestive problems, constipation, insomnia, chronic stress, reduced libido, hormonal fluctuations, mood swings, exhaustion.
Genetic tests, which will be individually prescribed by your doctor:
- Digestive system test. The quality of the digestive system, the microbiome, inflammatory levels, metabolic balance and infections are examined. The test will determine how much deviation from the norm there is, and based on this data, the most appropriate treatment plan will be developed to balance the body’s functions.
- Amino acid test. Amino acids are essential “building blocks” of the body and need to be in the right balance for good health and general well-being. Amino acids help stimulate the synthesis of calogen, stimulate mental activity and maintain protein balance.
- Baseline test for cortisol/stress assessment. The results of this study help to explain why depression, impaired concentration, weight gain, insomnia, weakened immunity, etc. might occur.
- Toxin test. It shows how much toxins a person’s body has accumulated and how contaminated it is. It is toxins that can cause problems such as hair loss, alopecia, depression, dermatitis, digestive problems, immune deficiency, inflammatory processes, etc.
- General body examination. This study is one of the main ones that looks at the workings of the body’s many systems in the selection of an “anti-age” therapy program. Toxins, oxidation damage, macronutrients and trace elements. It also includes fatty acid metabolism, neurotransmitter status, the efficiency of the detoxification process, and the levels of chemical and microbiological toxins.
- Sex hormone metabolites. Complementing the information provided by the blood levels of sex hormones, it shows how they are metabolized and the test highlights deficiencies and imbalances. Treatment is prescribed if the blood levels of sex hormones are normal, but there are signs of inappropriate imbalance and insufficiency.
- Metabolism test. This test can reveal how metabolism works, where the body’s functions are stuck, what the body is lacking, and which substances should be replenished by drip.
- Assessment of fatty acids, EPA, DHA, ALA. Any inflammatory condition, fatty acid absorption and nutritional deficiencies. Premature ageing and risk of chronic diseases. This test is a must for anyone who cares about their appearance and is a topical prevention against ageing.
- Genetic hair test – for individual hair loss treatment, which analyses the genetic factors that influence the treatment of hair loss. This study provides a detailed explanation of individual genetic characteristics and their relationship to hair loss.
- Genetic testing for food and weight is the most comprehensive genetic analysis available, analyzing 384 genetic variations related to weight management, response to exercise, food intolerances and nutrient metabolism.
- Genetic weight test: this test is recommended for men and women over the age of 30 who are interested in anti-ageing. For those with a family history of ageing being defined by genetics. This test is recommended for those who want to track their ageing process and slow it down by changing their lifestyle and diet, combined with individual anti-age therapy and the necessary specialized supplements.
- Gut microbiome analysis – Gut microbiome analysis allows you to test the bacteria in your gut – to find out what bacteria live in your gut, how many of them there are and how they affect your body. A microbiome analysis will show whether your diet and gut ecosystem are well balanced, or whether you need to make changes to your diet in order to influence your bacterial composition and improve your health.
- Food hypersensitivity testing is a special technology that tests for specific IgG antibodies, which will give a highly accurate indication of hypersensitivity to certain foods to which allergy tests do not show intolerance.
Special tests, as required:
- Gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, genetic sleep testing etc.
- Oxidised LDL (unsaturated fatty acids) is highly susceptible to oxidation. Peroxidised lipids in cell membranes lose their function. Peroxidised LDL particles promote vascular ageing, atherosclerosis and increase coronary risk).
- LIPIDgen (12 SNPs) – studies gene polymorphisms in lipid metabolism disorders.
- Liposcan – LDL and HDL subfractionation assay. Helps identify the risk of heart attack. Heart attacks occur both in people with high, low or even normal cholesterol. The individual characteristics of the distribution of the amount and magnitude of LDL are very important for risk assessment. Small LDL particles are highly atherogenic and it is important to measure their levels. If atherogenic LDL particles are found to be in high amount, this test helps to identify the causes of the increase, e.g. genetic ones, and to tailor individual treatment accordingly. Treatment may include medication and a specific lifestyle and dietary plan.
DIGESTIVE SYSTEM TESTS:
- GI MAP – gastrointestinal microbial test. Bacterial, viral, parasitic pathogens, H.Pylori virulence factors, numbers and types of normal saprophytic bacteria, dysbiosis triggers/spreading bacteria, yeasts and fungi, potential automated triggers, parasites and worms, markers of intestinal health (digestive, inflammatory, immune, bleeding, beta-glucuronidase), antibiotic resistance.
- GIFX – measures key biomarkers of gastrointestinal function, providing a wealth of clinical information on digestive quality, intestinal inflammation, and the microbiome, which determines not only the state of the digestive tract, but also overall well-being and health. The results reflect the 3 key functions of the gastrointestinal tract that determine its health: digestion, inflammation and the microbiome. Biomarkers are provided in 5 functional categories: indigestion, inflammation, dysbiosis, metabolic imbalances and infections.
- GI360 Essentials, GI360 x2, x1 – GI360 Essentials Profile, x2 from 2 samples, and x1 from 3 samples show a clinically valuable faecal profile. Multiplex PCR molecular testing, combined with culture media and MALDI-TOF techniques, sensitive biochemical analysis and microscopy, identifies pathogens, viruses, parasites and bacteria that contribute to or support acute or chronic gastrointestinal disorders or diseases.
- GI Effects (GIFX) Microbial Ecology Profile – The GI Effects Microbial Ecology Profile test shows the composition of the gut bacteria, helping to identify dominant, opportunistic and pathogenic bacteria using DNA analysis. In addition, it helps to monitor the microflora, which protects against pathogens. Molecular and microspectroscopic testing is available, the technology meets standards for parasite detection, and PCR technology allows for the analysis of anaerobic microflora.
NUTRITION AND METABOLISM STUDIES:
- Bloodspot Fatty Acids – Fatty acid imbalances can cause or contribute to many chronic diseases. This test assesses the important balance of essential Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids and can indicate what dietary changes or supplements are needed for correction.
- Organic Acids Test (OAT) – a complete metabolic picture of the patient with more than 70 markers. The performance of gut bacteria and yeast is assessed. Excess micro-organisms can cause health problems and diseases, especially chronic ones. Changes can be caused by heavy use of antibiotics, sugar in the diet, immune system disorders, infections and genetic factors. The test also shows vitamin and mineral levels, oxidative stress, neurotransmitter balance, and markers of oxalate metabolism, which are associated with many chronic diseases.
- Organix Comprehensive is a nutritional test that shows the metabolism of organic acids and the metabolic processes of the cell. Additional health assessments tailored for children! Identifying metabolic “blocks” allows you to tailor your corrections to get the best response. Organic acids are intermediate metabolites produced in central energy production, detoxification processes, the breakdown of neurotransmitters, and microbial activity in the digestive tract.
- Metabolomix+, a unique combination of nutritional tests to assess essential nutritional biomarkers. A non-invasive convenient test to assess the needs of the body: antioxidants, B vitamins, minerals, digestive enzyme supplementation, amino acids and fatty acids.
- Adrenal Stress (Adrenal Function Profile) – a saliva test that measures DHEA and daily cortisol levels 4 times. This test provides a complete assessment of adrenal corticotropic function. It can detect hormone excesses or deficiencies, shifts in the diurnal curve, the ability to recover from stress, whether stress turns into distress, and which stimuli (emotional, physical) cause the most stress,
- DUTCH Adrenal – saliva test, measuring levels of DHEA and daily levels of cortisone, cortisol and their metabolites (a, b -THF, b-THE), 4 times.
- DUTCH Sex Hormone Metabolites – evaluates the effects of hormone replacement therapy and is used to measure basal hormone metabolism.
- Comprehensive Melatonin Profile – a study of daily variations in melatonin.
INFUSION THERAPY – drips of vitamins, minerals, trace elements, intravenous cocktails
Unique, individually developed formulas of intravenous therapy products will provide you with fast and effective results in the recovery of your body and the improvement of your overall condition. Specialized cocktails for your skin hydration, Anti-Age and hair revitalizing, prepared exclusively in our clinic.
Infusion therapy, what makes it special?
Vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are slowly infused with a body-temperature warmed saline or glucose solution and are immediately absorbed. This cocktail of vitamins, trace elements and antioxidants stimulates a more active metabolism, which has a positive effect on the condition, appearance and quality of the skin and hair. Era Aesthetic uses a German manufacturer’s solutions for its droplet base, which are as close as possible to the composition of our blood plasma. Oral vitamins, even those of excellent quality, are not absorbed 100%, and the ingredients in intravenous cocktails are rapidly absorbed throughout the body via the bloodstream.
How long does the effect of the drip last?
Depending on the client’s state and the deficiencies in the body, the effects can be felt for up to a week. It’s therefore a good idea to organize your drip plan accordingly – i.e. according to the rhythm of your expected travels, flights, busy schedules or holidays.
How is intravenous therapy performed and how long does it take?
Before the drip, we discuss the Client’s needs and choose the most suitable cocktail for the moment. The client’s blood pressure is taken and a rapid blood test is performed. Once you are comfortably seated in the special chair, the warmed cocktail is slowly poured. The duration of the treatment depends on the cocktail chosen and lasts between 40 and 60 minutes. Under the supervision of a general nurse, a solution containing vitamins, trace elements and antioxidants is dripped evenly.
INFUSION THERAPY, cocktails:
- Skin hydration is a balanced mixture of essential electrolytes, enriched with salts of commonly deficient minerals (calcium, sodium, potassium) and B vitamins (B1, B6). These B vitamins work together to regenerate the body, including the skin.
- Energy cocktail– active ingredients that restore strength, provide energy and improve overall well-being.
- “Anti-age” cocktail– vitamins and minerals, thanks to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties/impact, as well as improving collagen production, will help to slow down the ageing process of the skin – positively affecting fine lines, sagging skin, correcting acne and various skin irritations.
- Hair revitalizing cocktail– it contains a complex of valuable and often missing substances in a highly absorbable form: as many as 6 B vitamins, folic acid, vitamin C, 16 amino acids, 8 trace elements, SAM’e (methyl group donor).
- Body restoration cocktail– quickly restores the body’s fluid and vital electrolyte balance, while eliminating the effects of dehydration, providing energy and regenerating the body. Thanks to its wide spectrum of vitamins, amino acids, minerals and trace elements, it helps to prevent oxidative damage to cells caused by illness, overwork, long-haul flights, migraine attacks and poisoning.
For intravenous therapy – all the preparations, solutions and appropriate quantities we use are approved by the EMA (European Medicines Agency) and manufactured in the most advanced pharmaceutical companies.